Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Competition Dining: The Championship Round 2015

The championship round for Competition Dining has been completed. The finals, held over Halloween weekend in Raleigh, pitted Chef Brent Martin of The Summit Room in Charlotte v. Chef Ryan Conklin of REX Healthcare in Raleigh.

I have been amazed at Ryan Conklin's work. I had no idea an institutional chef could produce the level of quality he does. There were no weak dishes from either chef. I scored one each with over 30 points (out of 40), including some 5 ratings (the highest) for presentation and a few other criteria. One each from each chef scored lower, but not low. My ratings for Chef Conklin were higher than for Chef Martin, but I did not find that out until the winner was announced.

Now I have mixed feelings. I don't want to get sick enough to go the hospital. But if I have to go, I want to be assigned to Rex!

Events were held at the Renaissance hotel, North Hills, Raleigh. As in the past, the staff did a great job of handling capacity crowds. Service was smooth and well paced. Go to http://www.competitiondining.com/events/2015-battle-of-champions for full information.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete